Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goodbye 2008!

Lyle, Hudson, and I celebrated the new years together this year at home. Hudson and I started out the day with a visit from Grammy. She helped us clean out Hudson's closet and put away all his 3-6 month clothes. It was a very sad process. People keep telling me that it goes by fast, but I swear this kid doesn't even get to wear all his clothes. We packed away some outfits with the tags still on them. I decided to save them for baby number two someday! After all that hard work, Grammy, Hudson, and I went to our favorite sandwich shop on the square here in Weatherford and had a delicious chicken salad sandwich. It was so yummy and Hudson wore a cap for the very first time. It drew lots of attention from the ladies. :-)


When Lyle got home, we went out to eat at the Mesquite Pit with some friends and Hudson's best friend, Noah. After dinner we returned home to watch the New Year's eve celebrations on TV. Hudson crashed about 9:00 and I made it until about 11:45. It was my first year to miss the countdown. Lyle was a trooper and stayed up to celebrate. However, I think I heard the PlayStation going about 12:30.


Needless to say, we had a great New Year's Eve. Lyle was off today and he took down our Christmas lights outside. Hudson and I got in a good nap this afternoon. It was a relaxful kind of day.


Happy New Years to all our friends and family. 2008 is, by far, the best year for Lyle and me. Hudson has been our little miracle and we are so thankful for him. We can't wait to see what 2009 will bring.

1 comment:

Shaunna said...

Addi sure wishes she and Hudson could have met the other night!! She thinks he looks pretty cute in a cap:)

Hope you, Lyle, and Hudson have a wonderful 2009!! Glad we FINALLY got to talk in person;)Wished we all lived closer- It would be fun!

Background

Links